Netflix (s nflx), it seems, is to cloud computing what Google (s goog) and Facebook (s fb) are to distributed systems, generally. Today, Netflix has open sourced its latest technology for keeping its cloud-hosted applications running -- a set of libraries, called Hystrix, that is designed to manage interactions between the myriad services that comprise the company's distributed architecture. If you're building service-oriented architectures in the Amazon Web Services (s amzn) cloud, it might be worth a look.
- Acer teases a $169 Aspire A1 Android tablet, debuts the P3 convertible Ultrabook
- Square gets ready to move into local commerce, challenging Yelp and Foursquare
- Siri, watch out: personalized search service Google Now is coming to iOS
- Get ready for Google I/O: reported Nexus 11 tablet specs leak
- Hands-on with latest Orange amp models for OS X